Single Release Checklist
Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a bit of information about releasing your music into the world. A few years ago I saw a need to help our clients know more about releasing and marketing their music. It always breaks my heart to work on an incredible project that never gets heard. So with that being said, a little luck, and some hard work we can increase our chances of getting heard 1000% by following a few steps.
*If you are unsure of any of the things I am talking about here google search it. If you still do not understand we would be glad to help you set up a custom plan to release
1. Register your song with your PRO (BMI, ASCAP, SESAC)
2. Copyright your song
3. Register your music with Sound Exchange
4. Create your cover art
5. Write a short paragraph describing the song and style
6. Shoot a short video telling your friends and fans what this song means to you
7. Send Your song and information to your distributer
8. Make sure to give a 3 week lead time from the time you send it and the release date
9. Let anyone in Radio, Press, Music Bloggers, and Podcast know it is coming
10. Ramp up your social media. I like 3 post a day for 2 weeks talking about it.
11. Sign up for Spotify for Artist, Apple Artist, Amazon Music For Artists, and Pandora
12. Set up pre save on all of the platforms for your new single and let everyone know to
13. Utilize your artist pages to promote your music to curators at least 2 weeks prior to
14. Release Day!!! Celebrate with a pre booked release party with friends, family, and fans
15. After the release day promote your music to private playlist. Check out The Indie
Bible for this.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what can and should be done to help your release gain traction. Always remember to think outside the box and be creative.
If you would like to book a consult with Greg to set up your custom release plan click below.